Share |

Oh, you say you need golf tips for beginners? Why? Well, here's the reason. You've just won your chance to move up in the Rat Race. Your boss's boss has just invited you to play with Inner Circle at XYZ Big Wig Golf Country Club.

The only problem is "You Don't Know Squat About Golf" or "I Suck So Bad It's Embarrassing". Either way, you have only got so much time before the real you is exposed to the world, or so you think.

If you want a crash course in generic golf terminology, see this golf tips for beginners web page. If you know the basics but want to improve as fast as humanly possible so that you don't turn into a puddle out there on the course, see this golf instruction reviews page.

Also, I found this awesome article on BNET regarding prepping for just this type of situation. I had this same froggin situation happen to me last year. I was invited to go play at BIG NAME COUNTRY CLUB and wow was that a lot of pressure. I got lucky and shot Par for two holes, then the wheels came completely off the cart.

My game suffered the more I tried not to look bad. It was a real lesson in understanding that if you have a properly grooved swing, pressure will only make it perform better.

I really wish I could have that game back for a redo. On the other hand, going through that "fire" lit a fire in me to become the best player I am capable of being and also fired me up to write about it in my online golf pages.

In order to get ready to play quickly, the trick is to put in efficient practice time by working from the green back to the tee box. If you have confidence in your putting you won’t have to work as hard to score well. If you can chip and pitch properly then putting is a no-brainer because you will leave yourself short putts and you don’t have to get as worked up about approach shot accuracy. If your approach shot is money, then there is less pressure to be accurate off the tee-box. If you focus not on “distance from the tee” but “staying in play” then the rest of the hole will go well.

Focus all of your available practice time from here until "The Big Day" on the easy stuff and leave the hard stuff to Phil Mickelson. It's tons easier to stay sharp if you stay in your comfort zone. It's tons easier to get comfortable with the basics. Putt well. Chip well. Become deadly with those short Irons. This will help you relax when the hard stuff happens like a poor tee shot.

So what are you going to do? Are you going to turn into a puddle or are you going to squeeze this opportunity for all its worth? Do a google search for golf tips for beginners and utilize all the resources that you can find and go PRACTICE.

MFSQB5AXA9D8

1 comments
  1. Darth Fader January 31, 2010 at 3:42 PM  
    This comment has been removed by the author.